Lead Instructor Wooden Boatbuilding
The Wooden Boat Centre is seeking an experienced wooden boatbuilder to lead a 2 year ‘non – accredited ’training course in all aspects of the craft of wooden boatbuilding. It is expected that the successful applicant will provide excellence in educational delivery to adult students, professional and technical advice and expertise in all aspects of wooden boatbuilding and restoration.
Employment type: 24-month contract with potential for contract extension. The successful candidate will enjoy 8 weeks personal leave pro rata.
(This position has a 12 week probationary period to assess employee suitability and ensure adequate student numbers in the 2 year training course).
- Extensive wooden boatbuilding knowledge, skills and experience in new builds and heritage restoration work;
- Excellent small group instructional skills for quality learning experiences;
- Proven ability to work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary teams;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Sound judgement in the application of technical skills and instructional practice;
- A track record of encouraging successful engagement and individual/team project completion within identified timeframes;
- Membership (formal or informal) of local, national and/or international wooden boat building and/or instructional networks;
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated team player with a mature, professional approach combined with a positive attitude;
- Experience working within a challenging and busy working environment.
Applications close: 5 pm, 21st September 2018
For further information contact: Anne Holst on M:0456 071 377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org